Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Espresso Panna Cotta with Chocolate
Panna Cott's are a no bake style of custard that is easy to make and oh so delicious. You can substitute half and half for the cream to make this dessert a it less rich.
Write a review
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Vanilla Bean (Split)
- ¼ Cup Instant Espresso Powder
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 TBSP Unflavored Gelatin
- ¼ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Curls or Shavings
- 1 Dozen Savoiardi Cookies
- Optional: Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Sprinkle gelatin over the milk and stir in. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place cream, espresso powder, granulated sugar and split vanilla bean in a medium size saucepan.
- Cook mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is fully dissolved and the liquid begins to simmer.
- Stir in the milk/gelatin mixture and allow it to stand 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve and pour mixture into 4 to 6 small serving dishes / ramekins.
- Lightly cover the dishes with plastic film and refrigerate approximately 4 to 6 hours or until fully firm.
- You can serve this dessert right in the ramekins or unmold onto a serving plate by dipping the ramekin in hot water just long enough to allow the Panna Cotta to release from the side or the dish and then turning over onto the serving plate.
- Serve with Savoiardi cookies.
- Garnish each serving with a heaping tablespoon of chocolate curls/shavings or optional whipped cream.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/