Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Deep Dish Nacho Casserole
A cross between Nacho's and a "Mexican" Lasagna, this recipe has all the favorite "South of the Border" flavors in one layered dish. Another bonus is that you can prepare this dish ahead of time, then re-heat and serve when company comes. Topped with fresh salsa, sour cream or enchilada sauce it's sure to be a favorite for Mexican food lovers.
Write a review
- 1 Lb Tortilla Chips
- 1 Quart Nino's All Beef Taco Meat
- 2 cups Refried Beans
- 2 cups Salsa (1 cup used for bean mixture)
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Lb Monterey Jack or Taco Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Black Olives
- 1⁄4 cup Jalapeno Pepper Rings, canned
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- - Non-Stick Vegetable Spray, as needed
- Mix together 2 cups refried beans with 1 cup salsa, chili powder and cumin.
- Spray a large oven proof casserole dish with non-stick vegetable spray and layer in 2 or 3 layers with tortilla chips, bean mixture, Nino's All Beef Taco Meat and Monterey Jack Cheese. If adding black beans, corn or diced onion, layer them in at this time.
- Place the layered casserole in a 350 degree F oven for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove casserole from the oven and garnish with additional salsa, sour cream, black olives and jalapeno pepper rings.
- Optional ingredients like guacamole, shredded lettuce or hot pepper sauce can be added at this time as garnishes.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/