Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Curried Yogurt Chicken with Panko & Cucumber Dill Sauce with Chick Peas
Using yogurt is a nutritious and delicious way to enhance your nutrition. This recipe uses yogurt as a marinate and allows the panko crumbs to adhere easily to the chicken before baking. For the sauce, alternately you can leave unblended which will give you an accompaniment salad instead. Both are wonderful.
Write a review
- 4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup Plain Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 cup Panko Crumbs, Seasoned
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 cups Nino's Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad
- 1/2 cup Chick Peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place yogurt in a small bowl and stir until creamy smooth then add the lemon juice, garlic powder and curry powder and stir together.
- Place the panko crumbs in a separate shallow dish or bowl.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Dip each chicken breast in the yogurt mixture, then into the panko crumbs (coating completely but not heavily).
- Place the coated chicken breasts in the baking dish and top each breast with a full pat of butter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and bake in the preheated 350 F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
For the Cucumber Dill Sauce
- Puree the Nino's Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad.
- Use whole chick peas (rinsed) as garnish.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/