Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Curried Apples with Raisins and Toasted Pecans
A wonderful side for roasted meats, this recipe can be featured as a sauce alternative, a replacement for a vegetable or starch or even as part of a relish tray. Pears may also be substituted for apples in this recipe.
Write a review
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery, sliced on angle 1/4"
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 Large Granny Smith Apples, cored, peeled, quartered and sliced 1/2"
- 1⁄4 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp. Curry Powder
- 2 tsp. All Purpose Flour
- 3⁄4 cup Apple Cider (or Juice)
- 1 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Pecan Pieces, toasted
- Saute onion and celery in butter for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat or until softened. Do not brown.
- Add apples and saute another minute.
- Add curry powder and flour and cook with the apple mixture one minute.
- Add apple cider, cider vinegar, brown sugar and raisins. Stir in and bring to a slow simmer while the sauce develops. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Serve warm or cold and garnish with toasted pecan pieces.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/