Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Creamy Chicken with Tarragon, Mushrooms and Wild Rice
Chef Pete used to make this soup at Opus One in Detroit when he was their Executive Chef. He particularly loved this soup and on the occasion when they made it, he would make it his own lunch with a slice of French bread... or two.
Write a review
- 1⁄2 stick Butter, Salted
- 1⁄2 cup Onions, small diced
- 1⁄2 cup Celery, small diced
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1⁄2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Diced, Cooked Chicken Meat
- 1⁄4 cup Wild Rice
- 2 cups Water (or as needed)
- 1 Tbsp. Tarragon, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet Sherry Wine
- - Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- Simmer wild rice in water until just tender. Drain and reserve.
- Saute onions and celery in butter until just tender then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add flour and stir in. Cook 3 minutes on medium heat to cook flour into a roux.
- Add chicken stock, heavy cream and mushrooms. Bring to a simmer while whisking and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken meat, rice, tarragon and sherry. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Adjust thickness with additional chicken broth if necessary.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/