Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Crab Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Lobster Bisque
Nino’s is going to do most of the heavy lifting on this recipe. Not only will this recipe satisfy the seafood lover in your family, but it’s also elegant enough for a formal meal.
Write a review
- 2 Medium-Size Zucchini (1 ½” dia.)
- 4 Crab Cakes from Nino’s Seafood Department
- 1 Pint Nino’s Premium Lobster Bisque
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Choose as straight a zucchini as possible to be sure it will lie flat. In any case, it is also helpful if you trim an ever-so-slight flat spot on the underside of each one to ensure they won’t roll.
- Wash each zucchini, and then slice off the top ¼ to 1/3 of each zucchini—end to end. Then, using a small spoon, hollow out the center of each, leaving a ¼” thick wall to ensure adequate structure.
- Tear apart the crab cakes and fill the empty cavity of each zucchini, mounding any additional to make each slightly overfilled.
- Place the stuffed zucchini side by side in an appropriately sized casserole or oven-safe dish.
- Heat the lobster bisque, and then pour it over and around the zucchini. Sprinkle the zucchini with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Tent the casserole lightly with foil and bake in a 375 F. oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the crab stuffing is heated through and the zucchini is soft and tender.
- Serve 1 stuffed zucchini per person, with sauce.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/