Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Corn Bread Taco Melt
In response to requests about the many different ways you can use our All Beef Taco Meat recipe, this Corn Bread Taco Melt recipe has been one of our customers all time favorites! Simple, fun to make and fun to eat.
Write a review
- 2 pkg. Corn Bread Mix (Jiffy or similar)
- 1⁄4 cup Corn Kernels
- 1⁄4 cup Black Beans
- 1⁄4 cup Roma Tomato, seeded and chopped small
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 cups Refried Beans
- 1 cup Salsa of your choice
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Qt. Nino's All Beef Taco Meat
- 2 cups Monterey Jack or Taco Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 Head Iceberg Lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup Roma Tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Black Olives, sliced
- Prepare corn bread mix per directions then stir in corn kernels, black beans and 1/4 cup of tomato and cilantro.
- Spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish with non-stick vegetable spray and spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake according to the package directions or until just firm.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Mix together refried beans, salsa, chili powder and cumin.
- Heat mixture in the microwave oven until hot, then spread over the surface of the corn bread evenly.
- Crumble Nino's All Beef Taco Meat mixture on top of the refried bean mixture then top with the shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place casserole dish back into a 350 degree oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Before service, garnish top of casserole with shredded lettuce, tomato and black olives.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/