Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Classic Fettuccine Alfredo (with Cream)
A classic dish that is enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
Write a review
- 12 ounces Dry Fettuccini Pasta
- ½ Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic, Minced
- ¾ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg Yolk
- To taste Sea Salt
- To Taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Romano Cheese, Freshly Grated
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, BUT DO NOT RINSE.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and cook garlic 2 minutes while stirring, then add ½ cup of the cream over low heat.
- Stir in the cheeses over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk together the remaining ¼ cup of cream and the egg yolk and add it to the sauce. From this point, DO NOT let the sauce come to a boil or the egg yolk mixture will over cook.
- Lift the pasta from the hot cooking water and add it to the hot sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Serve immediately and top with additional grated cheese and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/