Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Classic Fettuccine Alfredo (no Cream)
This version of fettuccine Alfredo is closest to the original and makes a wonderful starch accompaniment with nearly any meal.
Write a review
- 10 ounces Dry Fettuccini Pasta
- ½ Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic, Minced
- To taste Sea Salt
- To Taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Romano Cheese, Freshly Grated
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, BUT DO NOT RINSE.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and cook garlic 2 minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the cheeses over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lift the pasta from the hot cooking water and add it to the hot sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Serve immediately and top with additional grated cheese and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/