Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Chopped Tomato Salad with Smoked Gouda
When multiple colored tomatoes are all in season together, this recipe is quite attractive made with multiple colors, even beyond the Red and Yellow listed here. The recipe itself has a very Mediterranean like taste and is a wonderfully delicious summer picnic salad.
Write a review
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Tomatoes, Ripe Red, cored, cut 1/2" with juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Tomatoes, Ripe Yellow, cored, cut 1/2" with juice
- 1 each Red Onion, Small, halved and cut in 1/8" to 1/4" slices
- 2 Stalks Green Onion (green part only), sliced on angle 1/2"
- 1⁄2 pound Smoked Gouda Cheese, cut in julienne sticks
- 1⁄2 cups Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cups Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup Basil Leaves, Fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. Oregano, Dried
- 3 Tbsp. Rinaldo's Garlic Gold
- 1 Tbsp. Alessi Olive Pate
- 2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Rinaldo's Garlic Gold, Alessi Olive Pate, and red wine vinegar. Add oregano and basil and stir in. Season the dressing with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/