Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Chilled, Korean Melon Salad
Korean Melon’s flavor resembles Honeydew Melon and can be used interchangeably in any recipe requiring Honeydew or Cantaloupe. Its flesh is creamy white and it has a wonderfully sweet, tropical taste.
Write a review
- 4 Korean Melons
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Grass, minced
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Mint, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp. Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- Cut melon in half, scoop out seeds, peel off outer yellow rind and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place melon pieces in a non-reactive bowl (glass or stainless steel) and add the remaining “dressing” ingredients.
- Toss and allow to marinate in this dressing one to two hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve over lettuce of your choice.
- Additional fruits (such as grapes, pineapple, other melons, and berries) can be added to this dressing for a “fruit medley”.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/