Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Chicken and Mushroom Burgers
On a bun, this burger can be an awesome change from the usual beef burger, or with some Chicken Marsala sauce, can be an elegant entree. Better yet, make a large batch, individually portion, wrap and freezer and these delicious burgers can be a great treat anytime you're in the mood.
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 1⁄4 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion, cut 1/2" on bias
- 1 tsp. Garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Red Bell Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup Roma Tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1⁄4 cup Seasoned Dried Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 each Extra Large Egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Sage, fresh, minced
- 1⁄8 tsp. Thyme, leaf, dry crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Chicken, ground or finely chopped
- Saute both onions and garlic in butter until softened and lightly browned.
- Add red pepper and saute one minute.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2 to 3 minutes to soften.
- Remove from the heat and reserve saute mixture in a medium large bowl. Allow to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix to combine and form a meatloaf like mixture.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and fashion into an oval patty shape.
- In a medium size saute or fry pan, over medium high heat, add a small amount of oil and saute patties on both sides until browned and cooked throughout. The patty should be opaque white throughout and the internal temperature at least 170 degrees.
- Remove the patties from the pan and serve with Mushroom Marsalla Sauce.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/