Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Cheezy Cheddar Bacon Spread / Dip
One of my favorite cheese dip/spreads just bursting with smokey, bacon flavor.
Write a review
- 4 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup Sour Cream
- 1⁄2 cup Mayonnaise (or Salad Dressing)
- 8 each Bacon Strips, cooked crisp and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Bacon Grease
- 1⁄2 cup Green Onions, sliced 1/8" on bias
- 1⁄4 cup Red Bell Pepper, minced and patted dry
- 2 drops Liquid Smoke
- - Freshly Ground Black
- Fry bacon until crisp. Strain and reserve bacon grease and chop bacon and reserve.
- In a food processor with an "s" blade, blend together cheddar cheese, sour cream and 2 Tbsp. of the bacon grease.
- Remove blended contents into a mixing bowl and stir in chopped bacon, green onion, red bell pepper and liquid smoke seasoning. Adjust consistency with a little hot water if necessary to arrive at a dip-able or spread-able consistency of your choice.
- After placing dip in service dish of your choice, lightly garnish with freshly grated black pepper.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/