Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
This recipe is a caramelly, toffee-like, butter kind with BIG pops of corn, no nuts, no toys...nothing to interfere with pure perfection. The quality of the ingredients you use is important! Choose ingredients that have GREAT flavors: I prefer Pop Secret Homestyle Popcorn, real cream, good butter (like Plugra), and pure vanilla. I'd also recommend sea salt over iodized.
Write a review
- 4 quarts Popped Corn
- 1/2 Cup Salted Plugra Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Clear Corn Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
- Pop the corn, remove any un-popped kernels, then place the popcorn in a roasting pan (with a 2" lip) which has been sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place the popped corn into the oven to keep warm while you make your caramel sauce.
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium high heat, place the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Bring this mixture to a boil and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the baking soda. The baking soda is important because it will make the caramel lighter and crisper and easier to eat.
- Remove the popped corn from the oven and pour the hot sauce over the popped corn while stirring and folding it in to coat evenly.
- Place the coated popcorn in the oven and bake for 45 minutes at 250 F stirring once every 15 minutes.
- Remove the baked caramel corn from the oven and turn out onto a foil sheet sprayed once again with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Allow to cool, then break apart into smaller clusters and store in an air-tight container.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/