Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Cajun Blackened Breast of Chicken
Nino's own Cajun Seasoning Blend is terrific with this recipe. Just the right amount of savory herbs, sweet spices and heat.
Write a review
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast, trimmed
- 2 oz. Salted Butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Cajun Blackening Seasoning
- - Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat trimmed breasts dry and brush with melted butter to coat.
- Dredge each buttered chicken breast in Cajun Blackening Seasoning to coat evenly. The seasoning will stick to the butter.
- Heat a cast iron or similar heavy gauge skillet or fry pan to high. Be sure the ventilation is also on high as this method of preparation creates a good deal of smoke. Do not put ANY oil in the pan while heating.
- When the pan is sufficiently hot, place the seasoned chicken breasts in the dry pan and allow to sear approximately 3 to 5 minutes per side or until the breasts develop a blackened crust like surface. Remove breast(s) to a cookie sheet or oven proof pan as they are blackened.
- Place blackened chicken breasts in a 350 degree oven to finish cooking to an internal temperature of 165 degrees or until fully cooked through.
- Serve with Fresh Fruit Salsa or other appropriate sauce.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/