Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Buttery Bourbon Sauce
Try this sauce with grilled bananas or with Nino's Crisp Maple Bacon..or?? with grilled bananas TOPPED with crisp bacon!!
Write a review
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1⁄4 Cup Water
- 1⁄2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, Unsalted
- 1⁄4 Cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 1 dash Sea Salt (or Kosher Salt)
- Mix together the sugar, water and butter in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and whisk until sugar has dissolved. Add vanilla and cream and remove from heat.
- Stir in bourbon.
- Bring mixture to a simmer again over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/