Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Similar to a Fritatta, our Breakfast Quiche is a combination of everything that's great about breakfast. Sauage, Ham, Bacon, Eggs, Onion and peppers. Almost a loaded omelet in a pie shell. And a 9" quiche can easly feed 4 people so it's perfect for a big family or company. This recipe makes 2 - 9" quiche.
Write a review
- 6 oz. Breakfast Sausage Links, cooked, 1/4" disks
- 6 oz. Ham (Cooked), diced 1/4"
- 8 oz. Butcher Shop Maple Bacon, raw, 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers, 1/4" diced
- 1 cup Sweet Onion, 1/4" diced
- 1 1⁄2 cup Red Skin Potatoes, cooked, 1/2" diced
- 1 3⁄4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Quart Half & Half
- 8 each Extra Large Eggs
- 2 each Egg Yolks
- 2 each 9” Pie Shells
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Dice bacon and cook crisp. Remove bacon from the grease then saute onions and peppers until soft. Drain off any excess bacon grease and reserve vegetables.
- Toss together sausage, ham, cooked bacon, onions, peppers and potatoes and chill.
- Add cheddar cheese to the mix and toss in as well.
- Par bake the 2 - 9" pie shells for 10 minutes in a 350 F oven then divide the tossed meats and vegetable mixture between the 2 pie shells
- Beat together the eggs and half and half and season that mixture with salt and pepper.
- Place the 2 pie shells with garnishments on a flat cookie sheet and pour in the egg mixture to fill to the top rim of each pie shell.
- Place the quiche in a 350 F oven and bake approximately 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean (Similar to any custard pie).
- Makes 2 - 9" Quiche
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/