Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
BBQ Grilled, Cedar Planked Salmon
Created by our own Executive Chef Joe McDirmid at the Troy store, this dish combines the wonderful flavor and aroma of salmon on cedar with our Nino's Award Winning Santa Fe Style Black Bean and Corn Salsa with a cilantro butter Joe created which is fabulous!
Write a review
- 2 each Cedar Planks
- - Water
- 16 oz. Salmon Fillets (2 - 8 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup Ninos Santa Fe Style Black Bean &
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 tsp. Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- Soak Cedar planks in warm water for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pre-heat outdoor grill to medium.
- Pre-char Cedar planks on one side until there are grill marks and a slight bit of char around the planks.
- Place the fillet centered on planks then brush with 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce over the top of each fillet.
- Place Cedar boards with salmon fillets onto the grill and close the grill cover (to both cook and smoke the fillets).
- Cook approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until the salmon fillets are opaque and cooked through.
- While salmon is cooking, mix together softened butter, garlic, cilantro and lime into a smooth paste.
- When salmon is finished cooking, remove from the grill and place entire plank with salmon on a service plate.
- Serve with Nino's Santa Fe Style Black Bean & Corn Salsa and a dollop of the cilantro butter.
- The picture depicts a deep fried Plantain slice which is a garnishment option and not integral to the dish.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/