Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Basic Tomato Sauce
Looking for a tried and true, mainstream tomato sauce to call your own? Here it is! Of course, you can experiment with additional herbs, wine or a number of other possibilities to adjust it to your own personal tastes. This sauce may be refrigerated up to 1 week or frozen up to 6 months.
Write a review
- 1 each Spanish Onion, cut into 1/4" diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Fresh, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Thyme Leaves, Fresh
- 1⁄4 medium Carrot, finely shredded
- 2 28 oz Cans Tomatoes, Canned, crushed and mixed well with their juices
- - Salt, Kosher
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until translucent, but not brown (about 10 minutes).
- Add the thyme and carrot and cook 5 minutes mores.
- Add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil; lover the heat to just bubbling, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes approximately 6 cups.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/