Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Bailey's White Chocolate Mousse
I even won a regional competition held in Detroit when I was at Opus One with this recipe for Bailey's White Chocolate Mousse.
Write a review
- 8 oz. White Chocolate, chopped 1/2"
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Irish Cream Liquor (Bailey's)
- 1 pkg. Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract, Pure
- 1 1/2 cups Whipping Cream
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 pinch Salt
- Mix milk with Bailey's liquor.
- Place chocolate in a medium size mixing bowl and pour 1/2 of the milk mixture over the chocolate.
- Place chocolate and milk mixture over a double boiler pot and melt together while stirring. When warm and melted together, remove from the water bath and set aside.
- Add gelatin to other 1/2 of the milk mixture and stir in. Set aside for 2 to 3 minutes then place in a microwave oven and heat until mixture is very warm (not boiling) and the gelatin has dissolved in the mixture.
- Remove hot milk mixture from the microwave oven and pour into the chocolate mixture, stirring well to incorporate.
- Set aside this chocolate mixture and allow to come to nearly room temperature. The mixture should remain liquid and slightly warm. Add the vanilla at this time.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff but not dry then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff but not dry and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Portion finished mousse into cups or use as a cake filling.
- Any liquor can be used in this recipe or you can use all milk for a straight White Chocolate Mousse dessert.
- Yields: 4 cups
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/