Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Audrey's Baked Beans
We just had to ask Audrey for her family recipe for the Baked Beans that have become legendary in her family. And after we made them for the first time at Nino's we had to agree that they were a "Cut Above" the rest. A sweet or smokey bacon is best and, as a result I like to use our Butcher Shop Brand Amish Maple Bacon.
Write a review
- 1⁄4 Lb Bacon (or 3 strips), diced 1"
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion, diced 1/4"
- 1⁄4 cup Green Pepper, diced 1/4"
- 28 oz. Bush's Baked Beans
- 1⁄4 cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Yellow Salad Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pinch Black Peppercorn, ground
- Saute bacon until nearly crisp.
- Add green onions and peppers to bacon grease and saute one to two minutes to soften.
- Strain off 1/2 of the bacon grease leaving 1/2 with the bacon, onions and peppers. Then add that mixture to the beans along with the remaining ingredients.
- Place entire mixture in a casserole dish of appropriate size and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake bean mixture in a 350 degree oven for one hour.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/