Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Apple Cobbler Muffins
These amazing Cobbler Muffins start innocently enough from a commercial Buttermilk Biscuit and turn into something truly special. Create your own version by adding or subtracting ingredients that you enjoy.
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Ricotta, traditional
- 1 each Extra Large Egg
- 1⁄4 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 cup Almonds, sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples, diced 1/2"
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1⁄4 cup Raisins
- 1 tube Large Buttermilk Biscuits (8 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together sugar, ricotta, egg and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together sliced almonds and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, heat butter and saute apples over medium high heat until golden brown. Set aside.
- Open a package of large biscuits and press individual biscuit portions into a large muffin impression to cover the bottom and 3/4 up the side.
- Place 4 to 5 pieces of apple in the bottom of each biscuit lining. Sprinkle 2 tsp. of raisins over the apple pieces then portion approximately 2 tbsp. of ricotta cheese mixture over both, filling to the upper edge of the biscuit crust.
- Sprinkle approximately 1 full tbsp. of almond cinnamon mixture over the muffin filling surface and place in the oven.
- Bake approximately 20 to 25 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove from the oven and cool 15 minutes. Serve.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/