Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
One of Chef Pete's favorite winter time recipes, this Apple Chutney is a wonderful accompaniment with Roast Pork and Chicken. You can also successfully substitute pears for apples and add any number of sun-dried fruits or different nuts to the recipe if you prefer.
Write a review
- 4 cups Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and diced 1/2", about 4 apples
- 2 TBSP Butter, salted
- 1 cup Mixed Dry Fruits (Apricot, Pear, Peach, Mango, Pineapple, Raisin, Cherries)
- 3 each Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. Ginger, Fresh, grated
- 1⁄4 cup Red Onion, cut 1/2"
- 1⁄4 tsp. Green Onion, cut in 1/4" bias cuts
- 1 tsp. Salt, Kosher
- 1⁄8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar, Granulated
- 1⁄2 cup Brown Sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, saute apples in butter until lightly browned.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer on medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove sauce pan from heat and allow chutney to cool to room temperature. Serve or refrigerate.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/