Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Ammoghio Sauce is sort of a Sicilian Salsa. It's made with fresh, ripe tomatoes and can be used as both a cold sauce topping over grilled meats, poultry and fish or (like a salsa if drained of excess juices) as a refreshing topping on Italian bread or bread sticks. This recipe uses Marjoram as its primary herb. Oregano may be substituted for a slightly different flavor.
Write a review
- 1 28 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup Parsley, Curly, Fresh, Chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. Marjoram, Fresh
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt, Kosher
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients and toss.
- Refrigerate and allow to marinate together 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/